5 tickets out of 100 have been sold so far in the first 2 days of the raffle. =)
For those people who have purchased tickets, please spread the news (the only way the raffle works is that all 100 tickets get sold): The site is now easy to remember (I got the domain name from GoDaddy 99 cents for one year.... wow!!!!) http://corvetteraffle.com now points to the crowdtilt.com website directly so it is easy to remember.
95 more tickets to go. In the interim, here are a couple of more pictures showing the Vette's excellent condition). =)
Regarding Penny's medical coverage.
So far, we still have Penny's "Cobra" covered so she retains Blue Cross / Blue Shield..... however, we are scrambling to find alternative insurance as her "Cobra" ends soon (its already been over a year). This is due to the uncertainty of Obamacare and the Marketplace ( https://www.healthcare.gov ). Unfortunately, the Illinois marketplace website seems to be permanently broken. I've been trying since Midnight on October 1 (at least 6 times per day) to access the site and each time, the site doesn't accept my credentials.... the login site states that many are trying to access and to wait..... or the system is down for maintenance. I am trying to weigh my options, and I cannot move forward without knowing what those options are. Very hard to do when one cannot get past step 1. Considering that Penny's next Cystoscopy is in December or January, we have to have everything worked out, and a broken / horribly designed website is preventing us from moving forward.
Oy and Vey!!! =(
Regarding my unemployment.
Today I called IDES (Illinois Unemployment) in Springfield as I was getting nowhere with the Elgin IDES office. Springfield indicated I was only on Tier 2, not tier 3 (the statements never show which Tier someone is on). Unfortunately, my next check will only be slightly over $100.00 (the end of tier 2) and tier 3 doesn't kick in until 2 weeks after that at the normal "sequester" funding level. Unemployment will end tho on 12/28 (no matter what) unless Congress extends EUC after 12/28 (so we will not know anything until the last minute). So in the interim, we will be short over $580 next week (which hurts.... a lot).
So, time to get creative...unfortunately, a yard sale isn't possible given the rain predicted for this coming weekend (it has rained 2 weekends in a row)... so I will have to figure out something else (as the mortgage & utilities won't wait for the state to wire us a check). =(
Regarding my traversing the VA Healthcare system.
I will be seeing the psychiatrist at the VA clinic tomorrow (and I go to North Chicago on Thursday to see the Rheumatologist and the Urologist). The hunt for what my medical problems are continue....
Regarding Social Security.
We received a slew of paperwork from Social Security (which we filled out this weekend). I will be faxing that paperwork to them tomorrow morning. I suspect we won't know anything for at least another 4 to 6 months (as the Government Shutdown will affect claims processing).
Regarding the VA Disability rating claim.
We are into month 6 and no word on the claim process. I suspect we won't know anything for at least another 12 months (as the Government Shutdown will affect claims processing at the VA also).
So, that's where we stand at this point. "Hurry up and wait" (while the world and creditors won't wait to take their pound of flesh) ........... =(