Friday, September 6, 2013

So.... today, a financial blow and the diagnosis of diabetes.....

I will be calling unemployment this morning as my unemployment check didn't post (thus putting our checking account into the negative). It wouldn't be so bad if we at least got a written heads up, but the government does what it does without regard for people's realities (and most certainly does not show any pro-active communication despite the fact one can be emailed or texted or called so easily nowadays).

I can only assume it was because while I was certifying for the past 2 weeks last Tuesday, I indicated that I had filed for Social Security (which I did).

It would seem one is supposed to financially harm oneself while trying to apply for benefits. I answered the certification process honestly, and we're being punished as a result. Better to ask forgiveness and repay any overpayment as a result of any overlap it would seem.

Well, the damage has been done and on Monday, we'll reopen the SSI application and try to fast track that.

In the interim, Penny got some unpleasant news yesterday that her testing came back and she is borderline diabetic (Type II). So once the surgery is complete today (and depending on that result), she will be testing herself daily regarding her blood sugar. And the hits keep on coming.............

I don't know whether to laugh or cry........... but somehow (through God's grace), we will get past this major hurdle.

9The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. 10And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee. (Psalm 9:9,10)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated due to the blog being Public.