Monday, September 23, 2013

More VA office visits and a new roof.


So, I've gone to the VA clinic twice now (late last week and this morning). I had blood drawn, a urine sample, and met with the Social Worker. I've been poked, prodded, and tested more in the past 2 months than I was in the past 20 years. I am getting help regarding what the VA calls an MST issue. Something happened while I was in the Corps that I haven't thought about for almost 25 years.... until I was asked a specific question... to which I gave a specific answer (and that opened up a can of worms.... in fact, a couple of cans of worms).


They are taking it seriously and are pursuing giving me some help regarding the repercussions I've had to this day (so I am going to the North Chicago location to discuss this issue further and I will be dealing with the Program Director over there). No need to get into detail on this issue on a blog (as this is too sensitive an issue to discuss out in the open on the Internet plus this issue deals with real people in real life), however.... I believe that what I have been dealing with for over 25 years might now be finally addressed. All I can say is....... "halleluiah", "finally", and "pass the Tylenol".


A video for our Church's "hard launch" from September 15th has been uploaded onto vimeo (Penny and I can be seen from behind singing for a couple of seconds). What a fantastic group of people to worship the Lord with: Our first day of Fox Valley Church - Pingree Grove - 9/15/2013  =)


Also:  It is official, tomorrow we will have the roofers over from Eco-shield removing the 10 year old hail / wind damaged shingles and we shall have new shingles on the roof plus added flashing (that had not been put up 10 years ago) ensuring that we will remain leak free for at least the next 30 years.... plus the shingles are not organic so they should last all 30 of those years. =)  It should only take tomorrow to do, but it might stretch over to 2 days depending on how small / large the crew is and just how industrious the crew is (the angle / pitch on the roof is more than what these roofers will be used to).

We are also still trying our hardest to sell  or trade the Corvette (preferably sell) so we can put some money in our bank account to get ready for the end of my unemployment (which is coming up in 2 weeks).  =(

In the interim, we continue to pray and give it to God regarding our future.

Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to. -  Deuteronomy 15:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated due to the blog being Public.