Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A new roof (in one day). The power of immigrant labor.

So, the Eco-shield crew arrived around 8:00 am to start the work (with the materials dropped off at 7 am onto our lawn). Only one person out of the seven spoke English (given that I am pro-legal immigrant and being a legal immigrant myself.... I appreciated their hard work..... but I just can't understand why Americans lose out to such jobs and companies other than the cost of that labor). I didn't choose a company based on cost, I chose the company based on it's reputation of good work (and even then, how does one ask during the process if illegal immigrant labor is used.... as I didn't think that would happen with a reputable company). Alas....... =(

Given that I had no control over who was working on this "job", I then stood off to the side to watch the process (and I stayed outside all day to make sure all aspects were done and nothing was skimped on... especially concentrating on making sure I was seen by the crew that I was taking pictures of the process). Most important to me was that the wood on the roof was in good shape (it was) and that the missing flashing was installed to ensure no leaks by the living room (and no open exposed areas like there was before the roof replacement today).

Below are the pictures from start to finish (and as of tonight, we officially have a new 30 year roof).  =)  Pretty wild considering we are on our last few dollars in the bank (what a surreal world we live in).








































 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated due to the blog being Public.