Wednesday, July 31, 2013

USAA has embarrassed the Veteran Community tonight (on ABC News)


Here is a letter I just wrote to the USAA CEO tonight.

To Josue Robles, Jr.:

I know there are always 2 sides to a story, but USAA truly got a black eye tonight regarding the ABC News "The Lookout" story about "Hurricane Sandy" Flood Vehicles (and Insurance companies not doing as they are supposed to by making sure salvage vehicles that are totaled are not resold where they can again be titled/driven). The fact USAA is representative of close ties with US Military members, you are a Veteran yourself, and our pride of being associated with USAA is 3/4's of the reason why we use USAA (and recommend USAA to all of our family and friends)... I can assure you that my wife and I were embarrassed by the USAA's spokesperson's lack of cooperation in explaining just how the Ford Truck ended up at a car lot and avoided every attempt at being interviewed. I can tell you that if an unsuspecting buyer actually bought the truck instead of ABC news, they'd be putting their lives in danger due to the dangerous condition of the electrical system in that truck.

As the CEO and as a Veteran who is supposed to identify with integrity, I would think tonight was not your company's best hour. My wife has asked me to find another Insurance Company to do business with considering the lack of integrity shown tonight by representatives of your company. You can be sure that unless you address this issue out in the open and rectify this integrity issue, that I will not only fire USAA as our Insurance company, but will let all of our friends / family / American  Legion Post members / Marine for Life members know just how USAA conducts it's business.

Respectfully submitted (and Semper Fi):


Steinar Andersen
USMC 1981-1988 / Honorable Discharge
Huntley, IL.

Here is the story (and the major Insurance Company mentioned in the piece? USAA).
http://news.yahoo.com/video/flood-damaged-cars-road-231954629.html
http://news.yahoo.com/video/flood-damaged-cars-road-024655185.html

1 comment:

  1. Does your site have a contact page? I'm having trouble locating it but, I'd like to
    send you an e-mail. I've got some suggestions for
    your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way,
    great site and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.


    Here is my web site website

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to the blog being Public.