Monday, July 1, 2013

It is 3:45 am, and I can't sleep.... so I am busy working on "solutions".

So, I am busy trying to work on "solutions" to our present issues (the mind is racing at the moment), and it is truly amazing what gets accomplished as a result. Dealing with adversity is the mother of invention (one tends to get creative when trying to deal with everyday issues). Given I still cannot ambulate (I am using a folding chair and a pillow to get back and forth to the bathroom at our house), I really must find better solutions.
 
Penny talked with her father this afternoon. He has a "Hoveround" that was being used by my mother-in-law until she passed away last year. A Hoveround will hopefully provide me with a quick solution to get around on the first floor of our house (or provide a scooter solution for me while we go to our various appointments). In order to truly get the biggest bang for the buck, we need to be able to mechanically get it in and out of our minivan without any physical lifting on Penny's and my part. I stunningly found such a solution for sale on Craigslist yesterday.  
 
I received the following video from the present owner of a wheelchair lift (he presently has it listed for $600 on Craigslist) and it fits the back end of a minivan.
 
video
 
He agreed to a $400 price, so we essentially have a truly inexpensive lift solution for the Hoveround (I am presently working the budget numbers at the moment to pull off paying for the lift as it is a cost we weren't anticipating). I never thought I'd be looking at such solutions in order to continue to get around despite my latest limitations, but it also really does resolve any issues for Penny in the future (in case she has major surgery regarding opting for a neobladder - bladder replacement surgery). Many prayers went out this past week in response to the latest medical setbacks I've underwent, and it is incredible how Prayers are truly answered. It brings to my mind the following Bible passages:
 
  • A fool thinks he needs no advice, but a wise man listens to others. [Proverbs 12:15]
  • For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. [Ephesians 2:8-9]
Truly, it is God's doing regarding all of these wonderful solutions (for every step backwards, we go forward 2 steps). And we are so thankful / humble for God's blessings. 
 
~Steinar
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated due to the blog being Public.